Theator is an early stage deep-tech company leveraging computer vision and AI to tackle variability and disparity in surgical care.
We’re looking for
A top-notch computer vision researcher to join our founding team to play a key role in designing and implementing our ambitious project.
If you’re a super quick study who loves to solve complex problems no one’s ever tackled before, highly motivated, passionate, with a sense of humor, fun to work with and enjoys the occasional poyke - you’re on our wish list!
You’ll be a part of our founding team, one of the first to help create an environment of like-minded professionals tackling a significant unmet need in healthcare. You can expect a high sense of ownership, a lot of responsibility and endless room for growth.
You’ll be responsible for
- Implementing algorithmic modules that will be at the heart of our products
- Constantly dealing with huge unsolved CV/ML challenges, continuously pushing the envelope
- Keeping up-to-date on the most contemporary academic research, making sure that we’re defining the cutting edge in CV/ML in the field of surgery
- Collaboration with world-renowned researchers that will provide guidance and support
- The entire tech lifecycle: from proof of concept to deployment in the hands of users
- Aiding in task prioritization, working with leading medical research teams to quickly execute objectives
- Working with fellow CV researchers, software engineers, and our clinical team to design and implement a scalable algorithmic pipeline
Your background should include
- At least 5 years in software development [or Industry research position]
- At least 3 years in computer vision research or engineering
- High level competency in python development
- Experience with software design concepts
- High familiarity with theoretical concepts of computer vision and deep learning.
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework (e.g., tf, caffe, pytorch)
You’ll get some bonus points if you have experience with
- Team management
- Medical data, imaging, videos, etc.
- FDA regulated computer vision solutions
- Computer vision for video systems
- Video action detection/segmentation
- Production-ready computer vision solutions